St. Margaret Mary Catholic School was founded on March 14, 1956 and opened its doors in September 1956 to 746 students. It was staffed by the Felician Sisters and nine lay teachers in fourteen classrooms. In September 1969, St. Margaret Mary was accredited by the Texas Education Agency. Every member of our staff is committed to teaching the critical skills necessary for the students to become citizens in a never-ending technological and multicultural society.
Extra-curricular activities include Choir, Student Council, CYO Sports, and Safety Patrol.
St. Margaret Mary Catholic School is open to the message of Jesus Christ found in the Gospels, to building upon the message through the formation of community, to witnessing the message through service. The school as an important part of the Church community, and as an extension of, and complement to the home, seeks to provide meaningful experiences in academic, social, religious, Civic, physical, and conscience development.
Mission Statement: St. Margaret Mary School
“St. Margaret Mary School is privileged to serve its families by providing a Catholic Christian environment to educate the whole child in the fullness of Christian Life. Together with parents, and in the Spirit of the Gospel, it provides students with a spiritual formation, an academic foundation and a call to service.”
St. Margaret Mary Catholic School is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference of Education (TCCED) which is recognized by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). This school admits students of any race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin or gender.